Our Blog

Jul 7, 2014

Why Should you use Professional Payroll Services?

Setting up a business usually involves taking a DIY approach in a lot of areas, and most new business owners are willing to invest a lot of sweat to minimise costs. Along the way, new skills are learned and an entrepreneurial spirit gets sharpened. However, there are some things you will want to think very

Read More

Jul 4, 2014

Wave Bookkeeping

Getting your accounts right for your business is very important, and for self-employed businessman it’s vital that you get this right if you want to avoid any problems with the tax authorities. Wave Accounting launched in November 2010 and in that short period of time they have grown massively, offering one of the friendliest and

Read More

Jul 1, 2014

The Most Valuable Accountancy Services for New Businesses

Setting up a new business can be a complicated and involving process. Entrepreneurs tend to take on a lot of tasks for themselves in order to get the business off of the ground with minimal costs. While this is often a great idea, there are a number of professional accountancy services that can be invaluable

Read More

Jun 27, 2014

Why do you Need a Small Business Accountant?

Many small business and sole traders are unsure about whether to hire a small business accountant. If they are good with numbers and have relatively small turnovers, it may seem like it will be easy enough to keep their own books and complete a yearly tax return than to spend money on getting an accountant

Read More

Jun 23, 2014

Going Freelance: Should you be a Sole Trader or Limited Company?

When people choose to embark on a freelance career, one of the first and most difficult decisions they will face is whether to be a sole trader or limited company. Setting up a limited company will limit their liability for business debts, but being a sole trader is usually simpler. The choice of being a

Read More

Jun 19, 2014

Online bookkeeping with Xero

Xero accounting software is designed to revolutionise the way small businesses manage their finances. it is a truly flexible option allowing you to access your accounts whether you’re at work, at home or even on the go from any device that has an internet connection. The mobile app makes working from your smart phone or

Read More

Jun 15, 2014

Which Expenses can be Claimed Against Tax?

Many sole traders and small business owners are unsure of quite what they can and can’t claim against tax as an allowable expense. Especially in the early stages of running a business, it can be difficult to work out which things qualify and which don’t. Tax relief can be claimed on a number of different

Read More

Jun 11, 2014

Pensions for the Self-Employed

Becoming self-employed has a number of solid advantages. You can be your own boss, set your own schedule, and you tend to get paid more for the same amount of work than you would in regular employment. However, there are also disadvantages and one of the biggest issues is the lack of an occupational pension

Read More

Jun 10, 2014

When is it Time to go From Sole Trader to Limited Company?

When you first went into business, you were probably faced with the decision of starting a limited company or just registering as a sole trader. For many people, the latter choice is the right decision in the early stages but this can easily change as your business develops. If you have been operating for some

Read More

Jun 7, 2014

How the New NIC Employment Allowance Works

Since the start of April, many employers throughout the UK have benefitted from a new employment allowance. The allowance entitles businesses with employees to an allowance of up to £2,000 against National Insurance contributions. However, many employers are not fully up-to-speed on the way it works. There are a number of small but important points

Read More