Menu - Accountants In Hull | Bookkeeping & Tax Services | Yorkshire Accountancy

Tax Tip – R and D Costly

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn

When you’re working on your business, you might find that Research and Development (R&D) can be a costly undertaking – but if you meet certain criteria, and your R&D isn’t for a social science or a theoretical field, you might be eligible for R&D Tax Relief.
If you’re applying for this, you’ll need to explain how your project is looking for an advance in science and technology, had to overcome uncertainty (and how it tried to do this), and how it could not easily be worked out by a professional in the field.

If your work takes place in the Construction Industry, you’ll most likely be registered (or need to register) for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) – it’s not just individuals who can claim back their tax or National Insurance (NI) if they’ve overpaid under the scheme, Limited Companies and Agents can too, although they’ll need to create an Agent Services account online – or contact the tax office by post with a completed R38 form.

Are you making the most of your business capital? Are you certain that you’re getting all the reliefs and benefits that you’re entitled to?

It doesn’t take long to book a consultation with our team of experts – and we can provide you with advice, assistance, and the services you need to make tax less taxing and ensure you’re getting the most from your money. Contact us today!

Contact Us

Please call or email to arrange your FREE consultation for any of our services.


Meet the Team

We're a modern, friendly and proactive accountancy service.


Locations we cover...